About Accounting & Finance
As a financial accountant, you may choose to work as an accounting consultant doing jobs for multiple business clients in the private or public sector or performing accounting work only for your employer.
In order to succeed in the Accounting profession, certain coursework and certifications as well as a handful of crucial skills and traits are vital.
Graduates entering the professional accountancy careers can train as chartered accountants who will be trained in offering audit, business and tax advice services to their clients.
Accounting and Finance graduates may be able to find employment in the following careers:
- Chartered Accountant
- Corporate Treasury Management
- Tax Adviser
- IT in the Financial Sector
- Company Secretary
- Financial Trader
- Pensions Management
- Investment Analyst
- Retail Banker
Industries for the Accounting and Finance Career
Graduates entering the professional accountancy careers can find employment in the following sectors:
- Banking - traditional high-street banks and building societies but also supermarkets, insurance companies
- Insurance - actuarial work, customer services, accounting, broking, investment management, underwriting and claims work for insurance companies
- Corporate and investment banking - advising major organisations on mergers & acquisitions, flotations and financial strategy
- Other - finance-related careers can be found in numerous small or large companies seeking financial information services. These may include corporate treasury management, tax work, stockbroking and pensions management to name a few.